tel.: +48 61 829 6237
office hours: consultations possible by prior arrangement
2016, PhD of Earth Sciences in the field of geography with specialization in integrated geography and ecosystem services, dissertation “Quantification of selected ecosystem services at a local scale. Example of Krajenka Municipality”, supervisor Professor Andrzej Mizgajski (PhD),
2009, master’s degree in geography with specialization in environment planning, dissertation “Sozological map of commune and city Krajenka as the Communal Geographical Information System”, supervisor Professor Leon Kozacki (PhD).
POSITION AND FUNCTIONS
- adjunct profesor
- expert in the field of ecosystem services mapping and assessment within the Integrated Monitoring of the Natural Environment
- researcher in Project TeRRIFICA (2019-2022)
- scientific-technical specialist in projects CONNECTING Nature (2017-2022) and ESMERALDA (2015-2018)
- mapping and assessment of ecosystem services using GIS methods and tools,
- operationalization of ecosystem services concept in decision-making,
- implementing nature-based solutions for the adaptation of cities to climate change,
- recognition of green infrastructure’s impact on thermal conditions in cities based on land surface temperature modeling using satellite imagery (Landsat).
- elaboration of environment protection programs, low carbon economy plans, climate change adaptation plans, local and supralocal development strategies, and other program and/or strategic documents (over 60 studies in total),
- strategic environmental impact assessment for above-mentioned documents,
- analysis of communal waste management,
- statistical analysis of survey results, geoprocessing and cartographic visualization.
PARTICIPATION IN PROJECTS
- from 2022 participating in the project SELINA – „Science for Evidence-based and sustainabLe decIsions about NAtural capital” funded from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme.
- 2019-2022, participation in the project TeRRIFICA – „Territorial RRI Fostering Innovative Climate Action” funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- 2017-2022, participation in the project CONNECTING Nature – „COproductioN with NaturE for City Transitioning, INnovation and Governance” funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- 2015-2018, participation in the project ESMERALDA – „Enhancing ecoSysteM sERvices mApping for poLicy and Decision mAking” funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- 2012-2014, participation in the project „Transformation of urban green and open spaces in urban regions and its conditions. Comparative study Poznań and Salzburg” as part of bilateral scientific cooperation between Paris Lodron University (Austria) and the University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznan.